- CORE VALUES
The following distinctive attributes help identify The Church of Pentecost of which the Pentecost International Worship Centre-Atomic, Accra is a specialized ministry.
- Self-supporting attitude
- Commitment to our values
- Distinctiveness in prayer
- Fellowship and generosity
- Respect for authority
- Mutual respect and sense of belonging for all members without discrimination based on colour, gender, tribe, race or nationality
- Sacrificial service to the Church without expecting pecuniary reward
- Consistent Bible Teaching (Acts 2:42a): The Church upholds the teaching of sound biblical doctrine and does not tolerate the propagation of wrong/false doctrine. All types of prayer such as thanksgiving; worship (adoration); supplication; intercession (Ephesians 6:18-19; 1 Timothy 2:1-2). Church Discipline – (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 12:7-11)
- Respect for and obedience to authority
- Submission to corrective measures and policies of the Church
- Regular fellowship of the saints – (Acts 2:42-47; Heb. 10:25)
- Holiness of Members and Officers: The Church upholds holiness of members unto the Lord in all their endeavours (Rom. 12:1; Heb. 12:14)
- Prayer: Some of the normal practices are regular prayer for the Holy Spirit baptism with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues. Emphasis is placed on the fruit and gifts of the Spirit in the life of the believer. Prayers are said for healing and deliverance of the afflicted as part of the initial exercises for salvation. Services are marked as truly Pentecostal with praise and worship, teaching, exercise of gifts, prayer, testimonies, etc.
- Tithes and Offering: Faithfulness in giving offerings and paying tithes to enhance the ministry of the Church is emphasised. Periodic teaching on this subject is regarded as very important. The Church and members depend solely on God as the source of financial supply. Borrowing by the Church is not encouraged. Lending with interest among members is also discouraged.
THE BIBLE: We believe in the divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures. That the Bible is infallible in its declaration, final in its authority, comprehensive and all-sufficient in its provisions ( 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21)
THE ONE TRUE GOD: We believe in the existence of the One True God, Elohim, maker of the whole universe; undefinable, but revealed as Triune God- the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14; Genesis 1:26, one in nature, essence, and attributes- omnipotent (Deuteronomy 6:4; Job 42:2; Revelations 19:6; Isaiah 46:9,10); omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-12; 147:5); omniscient (Isaiah 46:9-10; Job 42:2; Acts 5:4, 5).
MAN’S DEPRAVED NATURE: We believe that all men have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23; Genesis 3:1-19; Isaiah 53:6), and are subject to eternal punishment (Romans 6:23; Matthew 13:41,42), and need repentance ( Acts 2:38;17:30; Matthew 4:17; Acts 20:21) and regeneration ( John 3:3, 5; Titus 3:5).
THE SAVIOR: We believe man’s need of a Saviour has been met in the person of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:21; John 4:42; Ephesians 5:23; Philippians 2:6-11), because of His Deity (Acts 2:36; John 1:1; 20:28; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13, 14; Isaiah 9:6), Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7;14; Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:25-26, Sinless life (John 8:46; Hebrews 4:15; 2 Corinthians 5;21), Atoning Death (Romans 3:25; Hebrews 9:22; 1 John 2;2), Resurrection (Acts 2:36; 10:39-40; Matthew 28:5-7; Acts 2:24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4) and Ascension (Acts 1:9-11; 2:33-36); His abiding intercession (Hebrews 7:25; Romans 8:34) and His Second coming to judge the living and the dead (Revelations 22:12, 20; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; 2 Timothy 4:1; Acts 1:11;10:42).
REPENTANCE, JUSTIFICATION, SANCTIFICATION: We believe all men have to repent and confess their sins before God (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 17;30; Luke 15:7), and believe in the vicarious death of Jesus Christ before they can be justified before God (Romans 4:25; 5:1). We believe in the sanctification of the believer through the working of the Holy Spirit ( 1 Corinthians 1:30; 6:11) and God’s gift of eternal life to the believer ( Romans 6:23b; John 17:2, 3; 10:27, 28; 1 John 5:11-13).
THE SACRAMENTS OF BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S SUPPER OR COMMUNION: We believe in the sacrament of Baptism by immersion as a testimony of a convert who has attained a responsible age of 13 years (Matthew 3:16; Mark 1:9, 10; 16:16; Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38). Infants and children are not baptized, but are dedicated to the Lord (Luke 2:22-24, 34; Mark 10:13-16). We believe in the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper or Holy Communion which should be partaken by all members who are in full fellowship (Luke 22:19-20; Matthew 26:21-29; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-33).
BAPTISM, GIFTS AND FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues ( Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:3, 4, 38-39; 10:44-46; 19:1-6); and in the operation of the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12: 8-11; 28-30; Romans 12:6-8 and Galatians 5:22, 23). NEXT LIFE: We believe in the Second Coming of Christ and the Resurrection of the dead, both the saved and the unsaved. They that are saved to the resurrection of life and the unsaved to the Resurrection of damnation (Acts 1:11; 10:42; Mark 13:26; John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2; Romans 2:7-11; 6:23).
TITHES AND OFFERINGS: We believe in tithing and in the giving of freewill offerings towards the cause of carrying forward the Kingdom of God. We believe that God blesses a cheerful giver (Genesis 14:18-20; Malachi 3:6-10; Hebrews 7:1-4; Matthew 23:23; Acts 20:35; 1 Corinthians 16:1,2).
DIVINE HEALING: We believe that the healing of sickness and disease is provided for God’s people in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:7-13; 16, 17; James 5:14-16; Luke 13:10-16; Acts 10:38; Mark 16:17, 18). However, the Church is not opposed to medication by qualified medical practitioners.